Liver Disease Program
The costs of liver disease are staggering.
- At least one in 10 Americans, or over 30 million people in the U.S. has some form of liver disease.
- Four million Americans have hepatitis C – the so-called “silent killer” as no symptom is displayed – with more than 75% of American adults infected with hepatitis C are baby boomers.
- More than one million Americans are infected with hepatitis B.
- 20% of Americans have fatty livers which is the basis of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease or NAFLD.
- About 21,000 Americans are diagnosed with liver cancer every year.
If you’re having liver symptoms like fatigue, weakness, weight loss, abdominal pain and swelling, or yellowing of the skin or eyes, received abnormal liver test results, or you’re a baby boomer born between the years 1946 and 1964, and would like to be tested for hepatitis C, you may want to have a consultation and testing done with Dr. Raza Hamdani of Advanced Gastroenterology.
You’re in excellent hands in the diagnosis and treatment of liver diseases with Board Certified gastroenterologist and hepatologist (liver specialist), Dr. Hamdani. He has trained at renowned liver disease programs at the University of Pittsburgh and Yale University. Dr. Hamdani was instrumental in developing the liver transplant program and research on artificial liver devices at Loyola University Medical Center where he had served as an Assistant Professor of Medicine. His work resulted in the establishment of a dedicated intensive care service for patients with liver diseases, one of a handful in the United States.
Dr. Hamdani has also served as the Associate Director of Liver Diseases and Liver Transplantation at the Southern New Jersey Regional Transplantation Center where he led the program to national certification with over a 90% survival rate. He also established the liver transplantation fellowship training program for doctors at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
For over two decades, Dr. Hamdani has successfully treated liver disease patients who are now living normal, healthy lives. He continually updates himself with the latest innovative research, treatments and cures for liver disease, and partners with leading R&D hospitals to provide a comprehensive liver disease program for his patients to achieve the best possible health outcome.
Learn more about Dr. Raza Hamdani
At Advanced Gastroenterology, you’ll get the highest quality of trusted care for your liver health concerns with Dr. Hamdani. Call us today at 630.882.9303.