WHAT IS THE RESHAPE NON-SURGICAL PROCEDURE?
The ReShape procedure is a new, FDA approved, non-surgical weight loss procedure, combined with comprehensive fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching, to help people achieve and maintain significant weight loss.
It is completely different from traditional weight loss diets, program or procedures you may have tried or considered before. The ReShape procedure was specifically designed for patients with a lower BMI between 30 – 40 and may be a good weight loss option for people who do not qualify or do not want surgery.
HOW DOES RE-SHAPE PROCEDURE WORK?
HOW DOES THE RESHAPE PROCEDURE HELP ENSURE YOU LOSE THE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF?
The ReShape procedure was developed for people who want to achieve significant weight loss and are ready to adopt a new, healthy lifestyle to keep the weight off for good. ReShape helps to ensure your weight loss success by providing you with a personalized pathway or program broken down into three phases over 12 months – Readiness, Jump Start and Healthy Living. Each phase is specifically designed to assist you at key stages during your weight loss journey.
WHAT ARE THE THREE PHASES OF THE RESHAPE WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM?
WHY CHOOSE RESHAPE GASTRIC BALLOON PROCEDURE?
• Only the ReShape Procedure places two connected, medical-grade and saline-filled balloons inside your stomach for six months. Since the dual balloons have the capacity to hold more saline than any single balloon, they take up even more room in your stomach creating a feeling of fullness so you feel satisfied longer with less food.
• The dual balloon system was designed to improve safety and mitigates the risk of migration and obstruction. If one balloon deflates, the second balloon prevents the device from passing into the intestines for increased safety.
• The dual balloons are designed to conform to the curvature of the stomach for increased comfort. The dual balloon technology also helps to minimize nausea and discomfort – common side effects experienced during the first few days after the gastric balloon placement.
• Since the balloon placement is completed endoscopically, without surgery, in an outpatient setting, it is a low risk procedure. Complications are rare and almost never life-threatening. There are no incisions, scars, or permanent changes to your digestive system. The procedure is completely reversible, and patients are often able to return to work and normal activities in just a few days.
• The balloons are a weight loss jump-start. Many patients experience rapid weight loss initially, providing the motivation required to keep going and make the changes stick.
• You’ll also receive a full year of personalized nutrition, fitness and behavior coaching to support your success and help you make the changes that will encourage a lifetime of healthy living.
HOW IS THE RESHAPE GASTRIC BALLOON PLACED?
The ReShape gastric balloon device is endoscopically placed, without any surgery, down the esophagus and into the stomach, in an outpatient setting. You will be comfortably sedated under light anesthesia. Once the deflated balloon device is in your stomach, it is filled with saline. This saline-filled balloon device takes up room in your stomach and will help you feel more full after eating less food.
During the procedure, you will be comfortably sedated under light anesthesia.
For Board Certified gastroenterologist like Dr. Hamdani, who has performed more than 10,000 procedures, the procedure is completed easily in 15 – 20 minutes. With no hospital stay required, you can get in and out and on your way to weight loss.
Discover the details of the ReShape gastric balloon procedure and see just how easy it can be to achieve weight loss.