Susan Mueller, MS, FNP
“I present the range of treatment options to our patients and help them to make informed decisions about the best treatment plan for them. Patients are evaluated and monitored over time to determine their changing needs and goals, so getting to know our patients is essential. I treat patients as if they were my own family members. It is rewarding to see them improve their quality of life after treatment is initiated.”
Susan earned her Master’s degree at Northern Illinois University. She was certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2009. She has completed advanced training in Gastroenterology through the American College of Gastroenterology (AGA).
Prior to joining Advanced Gastroenterology, Susan had seven years of nurse practitioner experience including working as an Emergency Nurse Practitioner at the Rush Oak Park Hospital in Oak Park, IL. She joined Advanced Gastroenterology in 2015 and works closely with Dr. Hamdani in the evaluation and treatment of gastroenterology patients. Susan is a leader and is widely acclaimed by her patients as a knowledgeable, thoughtful and caring clinician.
- Master of Science, Family Nurse Practitioner – Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, 2009
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing with Cum Laude honors – St. Anthony College of Nursing, Rockford, IL, 1994
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Licensed Registered Professional Nurse
- Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse
- Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse Controlled Substance